Friday, September 09, 2005

Anchorman

I just found out that one of the anchors at my former station has cancer. I am sad about this. He was one of the nicest people I'd met there. It might seem like a small thing, but I was always amazed at his ability to remember the names of every employee after being introduced for the first time.

He's been a fixture in that market for a long time. I have friends who have grown up watching him. He was a part of their childhoods. It amazes me how viewers can get so attached to people on TV- anchors, reporters, etc...People that they might not even know in 'real life'.

SAFRAN: It can be upsetting to realize the people you grew up trusting on TV are frail humans like we all are. We get our information from them, think of them as family, and never consider they are just folks. I felt the same way about Peter Jennings. I actually found myself in mourning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home