Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Content wells and ergonomic wish list

1. When the partner site gives us instructions it would be helpful if they could provide screen shots of the Bonzai version of the page, not the final public URL.
Safran:: GOD yes. It's been a bugaboo since the beginning of the relationship. They simply know more about code and Bonzai than we ever will - or ever care to. I've asked them to dumb it down for me.

2. Can we get a new keyboard? The buttons on this one stick, resulting in my pounding on the keyboard, which kills my wrists and fingers. Good ergonomics make for happier and healthier workers.
SAFRAN: I will ask the IT Gods. When they say "No," I'll take you to Staples and buy the damn thing myself.

Thank you.

3. And a trackball? That would help as well.
SAFRAN: Now that's a personal preference thing. I don't like trackballs.

4. An employee lounge with a couch for people to nap on. Like a hospital has for on-call doctors. I can't tell you how many people asked me if we had this upon hearing about my Sunday/Monday schedule.

SAFRAN: And a shower. We really need a shower. Sadly, there is the fear in most newsrooms that a shower would be, ahem, abused. Shame, really, because it would encourage more people to bike to work, exercise at lunch, and it would be a boon to us when news breaks and we work overnight into the next day. If you are ever tired, a short nap goes a long way. I don't know why napping gets a bad rap in our culture - it works wonders. If I ever needed to lie down during an overnight, I got a tech to let me into one of the offices with a desk. Or I just slept on the floor.

The old station had a shower in one of the bathrooms. Leftover from when ti was a jewelry facotry and in case someone needed to get the hazerdous material off of them. Was never abused. Mainly used for people to change into gym clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home