Monday, September 19, 2005

Partners

I love getting emails that say things like "some of you may already know this" when they are talking about a major site redesign or relaunch. Would've been nice of the partner website to have let all of us on the web team here know, not just some.

SAFRAN: Ooooh.... someone's a little bitter. I wouldn't blame them too much. I probably forgot to let the partners know your email address, so blame Mean Boss Man instead.

It's not just this. there are a lot of things that could be done more uniformly. Like what you were saying today on the phone about how directions should be more specific. And the TV food show newsletter- those directions that I was sent were so wordy and made like no sense. I also noticed that I have no written directions for what Im supposed to do with the Sunday evening house show. (Ex: can I paste the copy for it days in advance, save that somewhere, and then just add video later?)

SAFRAN: Well, that's different than "partners." You're mad about not getting proper direction from me. Rightly so. I sometimes lose track of who knows what. So here is what I suggest: make a list of the questions you have/things you don't know, but should. We'll go over it and I will follow up with each person who is responsible for giving you the information you need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home