Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Busy season

This busy hurricane season makes me think about disaster planning and emergency management at work. I have recently found myself wondering whether or not the station has a plan in place. We've heard about the TV stations on the Gulf Coast who broadcast through Hurricane Katrina, despite losing parts of their buildings (also newspapers and radio stations).

When I say I worked at the safest TV station in the country I wasn't kidding. They were the first TV station in the country to be certified under OSHA's Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).

VPP would come to be a thorn in my side (and everybody else's) but I have to admit it made me feel a it safer knowing that if something happened there was a plan. (Not that a plan ensures that everything will go as planned, but at lest there's some sort of protocol).




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home